Menu

Opinions on Singapore Math i-Excel series?

Capt_Uhura

I have not heard of it and I can't find it online. Can you provide a website link? What grades is it for?

It's here in the supplemental material for Singapore.

Looks like it's being replaced by another program. Glad I've already got the books :)

Works well for Gr 1-6. I'm using them with the same level of the Singapore books. They're relatively short supplements & I just add in a topic or two as we need it during the year. So we did the bar models for multiplication and division a couple weeks ago for Bk 3, then we got started with the similar problems in the CWP books.

I have the ones that are one color (mountain climber and bear covers).

They are short, but they do a good job of showing the bar models and moving with them from the math sentences to the word problems. If you're ordering something else, you may as well toss in an iExcel to try if you're interested :)

Of course, today ds was doing a word problem from CWP, couldn't quite see it without the bar diagram and then threw a major fit when he couldn't see how to draw the bar diagram. :glare:

Oh well. Tomorrow's another day. (And he did get the problem once he got the model finally drawn.)