Menu

Halloween - Pet/Livestock Safety

We plan to go trick or treating at my mother's church for Halloween. I will definitely make sure that all the dogs and the cat are inside. Our chickens live in a chicken tractor but I will probably bring them inside and put them in the bathroom (and plan on major cleaning later). How early should I bring them in? Do I need to keep them inside all day on Halloween? I plan to catch the cat and bring her inside a few days before Halloween. We have a foundation with a large crawlspace and my mother suggested letting the chickens stay in their pen under the back porch for that day. Would that be a good idea or not?

I plan to put up fencing and have a few milk goats by next year so I am also wondering what I will need to do to protect them.:confused:

I live in a rural area and we have not lived here very long so I don't know if there are problems here. I do remember some of the teens especially the boys thought harming animals was funny when I was a child and I am from a nearby area.

Unfortunately there are some parents who allow their children too much freedom in some rural areas( and I am not referring to any form of free-range parenting since there is very little parenting going on at all in these situations that I am referring to) and these children often find trouble to get into.

We did have an unexplained brush fire on our land before our house was built. We also had to block a secondary driveway to stop some lover's lane type activity.