Menu

where do you store your homeopathy?

You can buy bullet boxes at sporting goods stores and place the tubes in there. If you have a lot, buy a cabinet with lots of little drawers and label them alphabetically.

A cheaper alternative it to take a box, cut some styrofoam to fit in it, and then cut holes for the tubes and insert them. Leave some space between the current holes for new ones if you want alphabetical order. You can also buy round labels, add the remedies' abbreviations to them and stick them on top of the tubes so you don't have to pull them out of the styro to see what they are.

Once upon a time I stored them all in a fishing tackle box alphabetically. Now, I keep the main ones in a tuperware container on top of the refrigerator and when I need something. I go through them one by one until I find what I'm looking for. Not very efficient, I know, but I'm not the most organized girl in the world either. :glare:

If I know I'm going to give another dose of the remedy, I'll leave it out on the counter so I don't have to rummage again. The remedies that I don't use often to not ever are still in the fishing tackle box.

I keep thinking I should put some Aconite and Belladonna in box bathrooms so they are more handy. I should also keep Arnica (for pain), Cantharis (for burns), and Hypericum (smashed fingers and toes) more handy as well.

HTH!

I wondered about that...so where do you keep yours???

I'm a classical homeopath so I keep the majority in my office in the closet. For home use I also keep kits in the closets, on the top shelf. The bathroom gets too damp, I think.

Electrical devices, strong odors, keeping them near TVs, microwaves, etc. inactivate remedies. So do temps over 120F. Nobody really knows why, except that at potencies over 6c you're basically talking about energetic medicines and having energetic fields interfere with them is not helpful.

It's not the end all and be all, though. I've taken remedies through x-rays at the airport (in a foreign country) and had them work at the other end. In the US I usually ask for a hand inspection.