Menu

Do you need to use the student guides for DITHOR?

jtap04

Hi! This is our first year homeschooling. My girls are 10 & 8. We are using DITHOR and I bought the teacher book but not the student book. Has anyone used the program without the student book, if so what did you use in place of it? OR if you have used it, what was it like?

Thanks!

Theresa:)

Guest mrsjamiesouth

I am using DITHOR and the student book level 4/5. You could just use the TM and a notebook or loose paper, but the student book is nicely organized. In the student book there are webs, charts, venn diagrams, and extra help. I took my student book to Staples, had the binding removed and put into a 3-ring so I can reuse it next year and again with my other children.

I think the workbook is VERY important. Each genre goes over definitions, common characteristics, story elements like cause and effect, main idea or theme, compare and contrast. There are Godly Chracter Trait Emphasis like virtue and loyalty (they are different for each genre). The student is responsible for updating the workbook calendar for each genre, they draw, write, do story notes, charts, story maps and projects from the workbook. It's def. not something I could come up with on my own or put all the work in to it as far as creating everything that is included.