Menu

Emedia Guitar or other music curriculums for kids?

Paige

Has anyone used emedia's My Guitar for kids or one of the other programs for a different instrument? I wanted to get my son private lessons but I don't think it is going to work out between my schedule and the instructor's schedule and it is so expensive anyway. Then I thought about Learn and Master Guitar which has been recommended here a few times. It looked good but it is relatively expensive for a self-teaching program, and I'm not sure my son is old enough for that DVD set. He is motivated but not highly motivated and he said the sample video was boring. I found My Guitar on amazon and it looks like a good possibility but I'm not finding many reviews when I google and it has been around a long time. It seems really kid friendly and fun, and I like how it uses games to teach music reading. Any experience with or opinions on this program? I would love to save money but I am still skeptical about if a kid his age can really learn without private lessons. Edited to add- they also have a cheaper DVD program that looks mostly identical to the CD/ROM program.

http://www.emediamusic.com/myguitar.html

Edited by Paige