Menu

Looking for thoughts on Omnibus III w/o having done the others.

I know it is early, but I am already planning our first venture into the land of high school. My oldest son would really like to pick up with history where he left off, so I am researching options for modern history. I have been doing this long enough to know that having everyone together sounds great, but it just doesn't work for us. This particular son really likes to work on his own with scheduled time to meet with me for discussion and instruction. I think we will probably stick mostly to the primary readings, and I am considering an online composition course for next year. Will we be in over our heads if we try to tackle Omnibus III as our first Omnibus course?

Thank you for any input you may have.

I think it would be fine (assuming you feel your ds is ready for the books to be studied in Omni III). I believe Veritas Press even says in their description that it's designed so a student can start with it. Ds did it in 11th grade, and as I recall it didn't really rely on the previous levels. My ds started off with Omnibus II in 10th grade and even though it referred to some things from Omnibus I, it wasn't a problem not having done Omnibus I.

HTH!