Menu

Computer networking gurus, we have a question :)

Okay, I can't figure out why this would be.

We are in a hotel and yesterday afternoon, my computer showed the network router, but would only do local, not internet. Because the computers my kids were working on picked up the internet, I figured something was wrong with my computer and messed with it a ton to no avail (still doesn't work).

THEN last night, the guy across the hall calls hubby and asks him about internet. Hubby tells him that I don't have it but the kids do. Well, that guy had called the office and the office had gotten lots of complaints. But some people had internet. So their suggestion was to turn off our computers and turn them back on. Of course, we'd all done that many times.

Anyway, so *I* want the office to reset the modem, but the evening people aren't allowed to so we're toughing it out until mgmt gets here.

But WHY would this happen? We tried to figure out if it was OS, but it's not. Some have Vista, others 7, on both sides. Both my dd and I have HP so it's not brand issues either. We just can't figure it out.

BTW, I don't think it probably matters, but we were without internet for over a week. The guy came Monday to fix it. Everyone had internet at that time.