Menu

Computur gurus? Can't login to a site on one computer.

Perry

I'm trying to login to the Power School site, but I can't login from one of our computers. I can login fine from any other computer. It used to work on this computer, but for some reason it doesn't work now. I know the username and password are correct.

Any suggestions?

If you are using Firefox

Go to Tools, then Options, then Privacy, then look at your setting for cookies. First make sure it's set to accept 3rd party cookies until they expire.

Exit out of Firefox.

Return to Firefox.

If that didn't work, go back to cookies and click on Exceptions to make sure that site isn't listed as being blocked.

I'm not sure if you get an error message, but this happened to one of my computers. Every time I went to certain sites, sites that had worked in the past, I received a security certificate error. Turned out one of the drivers needed an update.... Just in case you're receiving a security certificate error.

Sandy

If you are using Firefox

Go to Tools, then Options, then Privacy, then look at your setting for cookies. First make sure it's set to accept 3rd party cookies until they expire.

Exit out of Firefox.

Return to Firefox.

If that didn't work, go back to cookies and click on Exceptions to make sure that site isn't listed as being blocked.

3rd party cookies are set, site isn't blocked. I rebooted, still didn't work. I cleared the cookies for that site, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other ideas?