Menu

Math supplement question

wy_kid_wrangler04

The Greedy Triangle

My kids LOVE this book, and did learn a lot about shapes from it. My 4-yr old asked me last week if we would check it out from the library again.

How Big Is a Foot?

We didn't get into this one that much. It's a cute little story, and the illustrations are funny, but neither kid really got into it. We did do some measurement work inspired by it, so it's probably worth a library trip for it.

Sir Cumference and the First Round Table: A Math Adventure

This is probably better for your older kids. Mine didn't get it, but I thought it was a clever way to introduce surface area and circumference. I'll definitely check it out again in another year or two.

Spaghetti and Meatballs for All: A Mathematical Story

A Remainder of One - these 2 are on my list - haven't read them yet.

One Hundred Hungry Ants

Another winner with my kids, more because of the very cute story and illustrations than the math aspect.

The Grapes of Math: Mind Stretching Math Riddles

haven't read this one, but we did have to renew "Math For All Seasons" by the same author because the kids both really enjoyed it.

Other math books we've enjoyed include:

The Penny Pot

How Much is a Million

One Grain of Rice

One Moose, Twenty Mice - perfect for your younger ones. My 4-yr old did a lot of counting and even addition work (how many with scarves? How many without? How many total?) with this cute book.

Anno's Math books are good too. Anno's Counting Book is excellent for beginners too.