Menu

Thornton Burgess and wiggly boys

Sophia

I've posted before about my two youngest dc who are little tornados.

Getting them to sit still is an exhausting, arduous task not to be taken on by the fainthearted.

I'm not kidding :D

Anyway, I picked up a handful of Thornton Burgess' storybooks about animals, and whoa...they can't get enough of those stories!

My 4y.o. still needs help if I read five chapters (they are short) but the fact that I can even get five chapters in a day for them is amazing.

It's such a joy to see them get excited about a book series, and laugh out loud when it's funny, or get wide-eyed when something exciting happens.

Especially because nothing violent is happening, lol.

They were all over the older girls history lesson today because it involved fighting elephants (Hannibal), but to see them enjoy sweet funny animal stories, gives me....Hope!

Just had to share...

Edited by Sophia
sp

something your wiggly boys might like....

I went to google images and typed in a lot of the main characters names from Thornton Burgess books and found quite a few pics. I saved them and printed them off and the kids had little figures to act out the stories. They loved them.

Unfortunately I sold them to someone who wanted them with the curriculum I was selling and I got rid of the images or I would have given you my list of pics.

But if you boys love them that much, it sure is worth looking into.