Menu

All American History for highschool?

I am using it now for 11th grade. We will do both volumes. The beginning of Volume One is pretty easy..... but dd of course likes that.... One chapter for one or two explorers, one chapter for each colony.... so it has started out pretty slow. There are questions at the end of each chapter in the activity guide that make it high school level. We do one or two of them (so far since it is only explorers and colonies). We may end up doing more later on (I still need to look at it more). Dd just can't do textbooks, they are too summarized and she is bad at filling in the gaps. She is enjoying the reading and having good retention with it. I am planning on adding whole books to it, we'll see if that materializes!

I am using it now for 11th grade. We will do both volumes. The beginning of Volume One is pretty easy..... but dd of course likes that.... One chapter for one or two explorers, one chapter for each colony.... so it has started out pretty slow. There are questions at the end of each chapter in the activity guide that make it high school level. We do one or two of them (so far since it is only explorers and colonies). We may end up doing more later on (I still need to look at it more). Dd just can't do textbooks, they are too summarized and she is bad at filling in the gaps. She is enjoying the reading and having good retention with it. I am planning on adding whole books to it, we'll see if that materializes!

Do you feel it's doable to do 2 vol. in 11th grade without feeling rushed?

Do you feel it's doable to do 2 vol. in 11th grade without feeling rushed?

VERY doable. Each chapter only has about 5-8 pages. So, you do two chapters a week, read for two days, activities/workbook for two days, high school questions the last day. I'm not sure I'll test, but you can use the reviews in the workbook if you want. I think (right now anyway) that I will grade the high school questions and workbook pages for a grade. Stay tuned, though! There are 32 chapters, so 16 weeks of bookwork, and hopefully a few weeks to do a few whole books. We are still ironing out the kinks, but that is because her math and science are hogging all of her time.