Menu

Time for a new digital camera thread!

I am in need of a new digital camera. I am a realtor and need a camera that takes wide angle pics and that works well in low light. One that can stitch pictures together would be a great feature, too. I like fully automatic cameras, but probably could stand to have some manual capabilities this time around. And, I want something that is a bit more substantial in my hand than the super compacts.

My last two digital cameras were Canons - I have not been thrilled with their longevity (or do digital cameras only last about 2 years???). Back in the days of film, I was a Nikon fan, but I know that what worked well with film might not be the best choice when going digital.

I would love to stay under $300, but can be convinced to go higher for the right camera. I am all :bigear: for your suggestions.

:D

I just bought a Nikon Coolpix S8000 from Costco. It was 254.00 on sale about 3 weeks ago. It came with a 2gig SD card.

It was rated number one in the August 2010 issue of consumer reports.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/nikon-coolpix-s8000-black/4505-6501_7-33977082.html

We absolutely love it.

My only complaint is that you have to charge the battery while it is in the camera. We plan to buy another battery and a separate charger soon.