Menu

ESV Bible on CD: Where do you get the best deal?

JadeOrchidSong

I would like to do Bible at breakfast time when we can all listen to a couple chapters or more while we eat and then discuss after we eat because now we just listen to SOTW 1 but my schedule is do Bible before history. So do you listen to Bible on CD? Can you download ESV Bible from the internet? If you have bought ESV Bible CDs, which one do you recommend and what is the best place to buy from?

I really hope to get this done asap because we are all auditory learners it seems.

Thanks for your help!

J

I got mine from Christian Book - it was cheaper than downloading (at least at the time). It is the MP3 version though, so for a cd-player you'd have to re-burn it.

Amy

Amy, did you get the Dave Heath one? I saw it as download as well as MP3.

How do you reburn it? Do you have to use many CDs to do that?

Thanks, Amy, for your info. I was just checking CBD before I checked back here.

I wonder which narrator is better, Max McLean or David Heath. Hope someone can help with this.

J

Edited by aomom

If you purchase a hard-copy of the ESV Study Bible, you get a code to access the online site which has the audio versions by both McLean and Heath. You can also purchase access separately for $19.99. There is a free access version too, I think but I am not sure what it includes. I have teh hard-copy and have looked at the online site some, but haven't ever really sat down with it long enough to see what all it can do.

If you purchase a hard-copy of the ESV Study Bible, you get a code to access the online site which has the audio versions by both McLean and Heath. You can also purchase access separately for $19.99. There is a free access version too, I think but I am not sure what it includes. I have teh hard-copy and have looked at the online site some, but haven't ever really sat down with it long enough to see what all it can do.

I saw the study ESV Bible at Christianbooks and it is only 32 dollars. Does the $19.99 access fee allow you to download the whole Bible? If it does, then this will be the best deal. I do need a hard copy ESV B.

Thanks,

J

I saw the study ESV Bible at Christianbooks and it is only 32 dollars. Does the $19.99 access fee allow you to download the whole Bible? If it does, then this will be the best deal. I do need a hard copy ESV B.

Thanks,

J

I don't think you can download it at all (I am not sure about this but if you can, I can't figure out how to do it). It is set up for web-access, but it is kinda neat because you can add your own notes, highlighting, underlining and bookmarks just like a print version. All the study notes, illustrations, etc. are also available for the passage.