Menu

Need ideas for beef roasts

I have a couple of rolled rump roasts and sirloin tip roasts in my freeze. They're about the only things left from our last side of beef, and they're still sitting there because I really don't know what to do with them. We're getting another quarter in a couple of weeks and now that it's cooled off and I'm willing to think about using the oven again I'd like to use them up.

I know there are great ideas out there. Please share!

I do chuck roasts in the crock pot a lot, but will a rump roast fall apart? Maybe I haven't cooked it long enough when I've tried before? Or do I need to untie it and cut it up before cooking it?

A crock pot is the only way I have ever cooked a roast. I put mine in the crock pot early in the morning, add a touch of liquid, whatever spcies or marinades I want, and by dinner about 10 hours later even the toughest roast is falling apart. I would think that if you untie yours it would cook faster than it would tied.

I do chuck roasts in the crock pot a lot, but will a rump roast fall apart? Maybe I haven't cooked it long enough when I've tried before? Or do I need to untie it and cut it up before cooking it?

I don't know my roasts very well! Sometimes I have one that doesn't fall apart (probably the type) so I just shred it with a fork.