Menu

Kingfisher History Encyclopedia-Bad reviews?

HiddenJewel

and we like it. It isn't in depth-just hits the high points but I think it does so very well. Ds was just today saying that it was hard to focus on what he was suppose to be reading for history because there was so much interesting info. in the book. You may be able to flip through a copy at a bookstore. We got ours from Barnes and Noble.

and we like it. It isn't in depth-just hits the high points but I think it does so very well. Ds was just today saying that it was hard to focus on what he was suppose to be reading for history because there was so much interesting info. in the book. You may be able to flip through a copy at a bookstore. We got ours from Barnes and Noble.

Is it the 2004 edition that is scheduled in HO? I will be using Ancients Level 2.

Both those editions have what was originally paragraphs compressed into a text that is already somewhat summarized. This makes it difficult to summarize, or outline it, yourself. An older edition (early 90's, I guess) had the text written in paragraph format. It will be more simple for your child to outline from any history text written in paragraph format (such as SOTW), than from the new KF text. The contents of the text is still fine, other than that....

Both those editions have what was originally paragraphs compressed into a text that is already somewhat summarized. This makes it difficult to summarize, or outline it, yourself. An older edition (early 90's, I guess) had the text written in paragraph format. It will be more simple for your child to outline from any history text written in paragraph format (such as SOTW), than from the new KF text. The contents of the text is still fine, other than that....

That sounds like a bummer. I'll have to check that out when I get everything here.