Menu

If you use Rosetta Stone

Unicorn.

He does it 2x/week, alternating with Latin on the other 2x/week. He does it for about 45 min. a sitting. It has worked nicely, and I noticed over the year that he was naming things in Spanish as we were out and about, at the grocery store, etc.! It also nicely matched up to our Latin studies. As we'd be learning a word in Latin, he often already knew it in Spanish! Very cool....

GL and have fun!

- Stacey

but close. I can't recall exactly (we're off for the summer), but I'm asking him now and he says he's "almost done". We messed up in the beginning though, and weren't doing the "practices" but only the "core lessons". So somewhere in the middle he started to do more of the work (the practices), so I imagine it would take even longer if we did it properly from the start. And that's just level one. I think we will continue w/ RS level 2 and maybe 3. I wish I had ordered at least L2 at the same time, but I just wasn't sure if it would work for us, and didn't want to waste the money on more than one level if we weren't going to use it. Anyway, by high school we are going to switch to Mandarin though.

We are using RS as exposure to Spanish, but not as an in-depth thorough study. I think it's working well for us, and I never have to pester him to get it done - he seems to enjoy it! That's a big deal in this house....

GL!

- Stacey in MA