Menu

30 Day Shred Fans: Questions.................

Today was day three of level one.

I can get through Level One but it is a challenge -- but I can do all of it. I am not ready for Level Two yet, but what I want to know is WHEN do I take a day off?

Should I take tomorrow off because today I went through the entire workout? On Saturday, I would then continue with Level One and perhaps do as many days of One as it takes to do it without feeling like I am dying at the end of it? (Does THAT ever happen?) And then go on to Level Two?

TIA:svengo:

Well, I always aimed to work out either 5 or 6 times per week. So either 2 days on then 1 off, or 3 on with 1 off, or set off days every week, like Sundays and Thursdays. I've never done Shred by itself, always stuck into another workout program, so I can't remember how many days per week are recommended, but other Jillian programs usually have 1 or 2 days off per week.

By the way, any more I just give up and aim for 6 so that when life inevitably happens, I'm at least getting 4 workouts per week. :D

:party:

Way to GO getting through Shred! It's tough, tough stuff. And don't be too scared for level 2. It's debatable, of course, but I think that first segment of level 1 might actually be harder.

Well, I always aimed to work out either 5 or 6 times per week. So either 2 days on then 1 off, or 3 on with 1 off, or set off days every week, like Sundays and Thursdays. I've never done Shred by itself, always stuck into another workout program, so I can't remember how many days per week are recommended, but other Jillian programs usually have 1 or 2 days off per week.

By the way, any more I just give up and aim for 6 so that when life inevitably happens, I'm at least getting 4 workouts per week. :D

:party:

Way to GO getting through Shred! It's tough, tough stuff. And don't be too scared for level 2. It's debatable, of course, but I think that first segment of level 1 might actually be harder.

Thanks for the info - very helpful!:001_smile: Tomorrow a.m. we have co-op and have to leave the house VERY early -- so I am thinking day off tomorrow and then back to it on Saturday.

I haven't looked at Level Two yet, but I sort of suspected that after getting through Level One, L2 might seem less, well, impossible. I know the law of inertia: an object at rest tends to remain at rest (and an object in motion tends to stay in motion) so I think I am on the correct side of the law.;)

Thanks again!

PS -- I do want to add that yesterday, Day 2, I was the most sore and the most tired afterwards. I did the entire workout except for about 3 jumping jacks (which I have decided that I HATE). Today I did all of it -- all.of.it. I am not nearly as sore as I was yesterday and I am working around here this afternoon like a fiend. I am sure I will crash tonight - which is good b/c I have to get to bed early so we can be up early.