Menu

Question on Updated FLL

tchm4jc

Hello

I am wondering if the updated FLL 1/2 books include student pages like WWE and FLL 3-4. I have been trying to find samples online, but could not find any that would answer this question. I have the previous FLL 1/2 book and I want to buy FLL2, but only if it includes the student pages. Thank you.

Not sure if you got a reply from elsewhere but I thought since I did not see a reply here that I would attempt a reply. We just purchased FLL Level 1 in PDF format recently and it does not include student pages. To my knowledge it is basically the same as the combo 1/2 book just separated into two now and that it has just been lined up with WWE. We have WWE also and will be using both this coming school year. It is my understanding that FLL Level 2 is the same but I do not have that one or the older FLL book to compare. Each lesson at the end just has the recommended Copywork and enrichment activity suggestions, at least in Level 1 that we have.

You already got your answer from PHP, but from an actual user of FLL2: No, the new FLL 1 and FLL 2 do not have student pages. I just got the new FLL2 a couple of weeks ago. The larger, more spacious formatting is the only real change, (and it is now only paperback) and they also replaced the drawings (for picture study) with real artwork. So far, and from what I can see ahead, everything else is the same. I thought I'd read they were taking out some things to compensate for copywork in WWE, but I don't see that to be the case. Had I to do it over again, I would stay with my combined 1/2 first edition and save my $.

You already got your answer from PHP, but from an actual user of FLL2: No, the new FLL 1 and FLL 2 do not have student pages. I just got the new FLL2 a couple of weeks ago. The larger, more spacious formatting is the only real change, (and it is now only paperback) and they also replaced the drawings (for picture study) with real artwork. So far, and from what I can see ahead, everything else is the same. I thought I'd read they were taking out some things to compensate for copywork in WWE, but I don't see that to be the case. Had I to do it over again, I would stay with my combined 1/2 first edition and save my $.

Yep, I remember reading something like that here also or something about the two lining up somehow but I am not seeing that either. I am currently working on planning timelines, figures, notebooks... for history this year plus lesson planning and have not gone through the two books closely yet (we are starting officially at the start of November) but the impression I get also is that there aren't any significant changes to the old edition. The benefit for me though is that since I bought the PDF format, which I intend to use directly off of my son's computer (we have that on our school table) it should be easier to read on the large screen.