Menu

First day of school ideas?

ally

I remember someone sharing some neat ideas that they do each year on the first day of school. I've searched and can't seem to find it. There were some journal questions it seemed that the kids answered each year that were fun to go back and look at. Can anyone help me?

When my 2 guys were younger, we always did a first day of school survey. It was all sorts of fun questions from list of favorites(foods, TV shows, movies, books, colors, animals, season, vacations, etc) but I also threw in some out-of-the-box questions for them to answer which they really enjoyed.

Ex. If you could have lunch with anyone in history, who would it be?

What would be something that you would ask them?

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

What 3 things would you take with you to live on a island for 1 year?

If you could create a new holiday, what would it be called and what would you be celebrating?

We also weighed, measured their height and made a handprint to see the change in size.

At the end of the school year, they reviewed their questions to see if their opinions had changed. They also weighed, measured height and handprint. It's amazing how much they grow in less than a year.