Menu

Math help for a friend Please!!!

thowell

I have a good friend who is in her 10th year of hs. She is really burned out this year. Can you please give me suggestions for her for a math on 7th grade level that can be done independently. Her daughter struggled through Abeka 6 last year and didn't make it all the way through so nothing real intense. I know this may not be the best solution but right now she is dealing with alot of health issues and needs something her daughter can do on her own. She has looked at TT but just hasn't been able to afford it. Thanks for any suggestions.

How about CLE? Have her daughter take the placement test and see if she might like the program. My daughters are fairly independent with it and like it alot -- particularly my 3rd grader.

I looked at the 6th and 7th grade levels and I am not sure it has enough explanation of concepts for her. Although I like CLE I think it works best when you have a teacher (or parent) to help out on the new concepts. Thanks for the suggestions. Any others?