Menu

Fun Preschool Ideas

I need some fresh ideas for my little girl. She is 3 and enamored that her brother does school and wants to do it, as well. She's a sharp little cookie, but she doesn't have fine motor skills like my son had at that age. She's doing Saxon K (just playing with manipulatives), she knows her numbers 1-10 and the sounds of the alphabet. We've been doing Rod & Staff beginning tracing books which are great, but they are the extent of what she can do. (Notice the can, not want.) I'm reading aloud with her a lot on the couch and we're about to start Alphabet Art, but she'd really like to do something else. I'm thinking of adding in our Story Stretchers book (similar to Five in a Row), but just curious, what are the current good websites, blogs, fresh ideas for fun activities to do for that age. (And I'm looking for FREE; we've spent enough money this year...:glare:) Oh, and this is for *our* time together, so I'm not looking for things to do on her own, but with me.

For the past couple of months I have been researching what to do with my 19 month old in the fall and during his preschool years. I have borrowed many many resources from the library. The ones I have focused on the most have been the following:

- Books from Pam Schiller

- Totline Series of books

I have also been researching the Janice VanCleave books and just ordered Science through the Ages and Bible Explorations for Adrian, my oldest. Anyway, VanCleave also has a series called Play and Find Out. I have borrowed the entire series (except for the one on the human body, my library does not carry that one) of those also and am getting some great ideas, some of which I will be using with my oldest now (they are for ages 4-7) but will definitely be using many more when the time comes, with my youngest.

Here's the Play and Find Out series.

Edited by Guest