Menu

Need Help! HST/...laptop/notebook/netbook-101...

I have literally spent days on the net, asked everybody I could think of...and still can't figure it out... My computer knowledge is beyond basic, and probably well below what people most people can imagine, so their explanations are just way over my head:001_huh:...

I need a new laptop. The ONLY thing I am going to do with it, is to run Homeschool Tracker. Now, I literally depend on it and want it to run very, very well (fast, "smooth", no problems...fast, FAST!!!).

HST is my one "professional luxury":lol:!

So, I went to the store last week and got an "Asus Eee PC 1201PN"...

For the last couple of days I have been wondering whether it is terribly slow...or if my perception is wrong???:glare: ( I am comparing it to my former old HP).

In the shop I was told that the Asus is more than sufficient for my needs...

I like this netbook, but need more reassurance, before giving up the thought of takimg it back and getting a more powerful maschine...

Do you think a classical notebook would be faster?

Is it true, that for a program like HST I wouldn't see a difference between a netbook and a notebook?

How can that be, if one is "better/stronger" (whatever this means!?!?)?

Thank you for your advice!!!

I have literally spent days on the net, asked everybody I could think of...and still can't figure it out... My computer knowledge is beyond basic, and probably well below what people most people can imagine, so their explanations are just way over my head:001_huh:...

I need a new laptop. The ONLY thing I am going to do with it, is to run Homeschool Tracker. Now, I literally depend on it and want it to run very, very well (fast, "smooth", no problems...fast, FAST!!!).

HST is my one "professional luxury":lol:!

So, I went to the store last week and got an "Asus Eee PC 1201PN"...

For the last couple of days I have been wondering whether it is terribly slow...or if my perception is wrong???:glare: ( I am comparing it to my former old HP).

In the shop I was told that the Asus is more than sufficient for my needs...

I like this netbook, but need more reassurance, before giving up the thought of takimg it back and getting a more powerful maschine...

Do you think a classical notebook would be faster?

Is it true, that for a program like HST I wouldn't see a difference between a netbook and a notebook?

How can that be, if one is "better/stronger" (whatever this means!?!?)?

Thank you for your advice!!!

Is this the one with 250GigHD and 2GigRAM? My netbook is half that and plenty powerful and not slow at all. I don't know why yours is slow unless it has to do with the operating system. Mine has XP, so I don't know if Windows 7 would make it slower.

Thinking about it though, my MIL has a 17inch that has 250/2 RAM with Win 7 and it's slower than I though it would be.