Menu

Virtual Homeschooling Group Users...???

Thought I would move this to the HS board!:001_smile:

Anyone who has used this....

Could you please share the positives & negatives of the program...?

Also...Please share your experiences with live or asynchronous classes.

Is the social aspect of the live class helpful or distracting...?

Thank you!!!!!

We loved biology last year. The first few classes, I couldn't believe that the kids texted during the class, but the teacher does keep it under control. It is how the kids talk to each other and ask the teacher questions. You can adjust it from your computer if it is distracting. My dd ended up making several friends from all over the US and that was great. Some might complain that it is easier, but I'm not one of them. The teacher has a lot of helps to help the kids memorize all of the material, from online flash cards, to quizzes, and phrases with blocks (that move off) over part of them to help (I hope I explained that one alright). They also play games where they break off into teams to test their knowledge. The asynchronous class option is great in case you miss the live class. Either are very doable, but we prefer live so questions can be answered in class. Dd even found the teacher "in office" while she was doing a dissection. I came into the kitchen and she was putting her dissection up to the webcam and the teacher was telling her what a part was. Wonderful!!

We are doing chemistry this year and I'm SO blessed to have this!!! It was awful doing the chemistry with ds (graduated) without help!!