Menu

Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections

We started from the beginning and went through the book and the study guide. Used the CD quizzes and self-selected projects for assessment.

We used no schedule but took however much time was needed for a thorough understanding - which also meant that DD did not finish the book.

I am not sure how one does finish the whole book in one school year- it's a lot of material and one would have to cover a whole chapter in a week. I find that very little time for some of the more complicated concepts.

Sorry, not much help.

Agnes

The Campbell we are using right now is the Concepts and Connections with the leopard on the front. I think it is college level maybe not sure. I knew that my daughter was not ready for the heavy duty college level Campbell but she likes science so we are giving this a try. We are just in the first two chapters so far and she is understanding her readings and I let her listen to the lectures on www.hippocampus.com for the Biology AP without having to do the assignments. We will see how this works for us.