Menu

Does this look like too much...

This is the plan for the first term of school. I have a very bad habit of trying to do too much at once, so if the hive could give me their opinion, I'd really appreciate it.

http://2manybooksandlotsofcoffee.blogspot.com/p/11th-grade.html

There's a lot of writing, literature, and literary analysis in here, because her ps English class last year was pointless and I am trying to prepare her for the SAT in the spring.

Thanks.

Wow -- what thorough plans! I make a list of books, a list of related Teaching Company lectures and consider my semester all planned out!

Start out with it, see how it goes. If it seems too much you might be able to pare things down by doing fewer of the literature assignments -- not cutting the reading, just the related assignments such as creating a time line with pictures. I've depended more on discussions with my kids for analyzing literature, or if I have suggested assignments simply doing them orally. Or if you like the written assignments that go with the literature program, cut back on the writing program that week.

Don't have other suggestions as I don't know the writing curriculum or the literature program you've got. You know best what your child needs and is capable of, and you've homeschooled long enough to tweak on the fly. See how it goes for a few weeks and adjust as necessary.

Wow -- what thorough plans! I make a list of books, a list of related Teaching Company lectures and consider my semester all planned out!

Haha... Ya well, I was inspired by that filing thread over on the K8 board and this particular child needs things spelled out for her. Otherwise, I would just make a book list and call it a day.:001_smile: My goal is to do all of this lit analysis and writing instruction first term and then second term is to just focus on the reading and writing.

We'll just start and see how it goes. Like I said, I tend to way over plan, but I can see what is important and what is not. The good good thing about doing it this way, is I can just drop the "extra" stuff if I need to.

Thanks for your input.