Menu

Getty Dubay Italics AND Reasoning & Reading series by Joanne Carlisle for dyslexia?

Has anyone used the Getty Dubay Italics writing program for handwriting? How about the Reasoning & Reading series by Joanne Carlisle? I'm wondering if anyone has had success with students with dyslexia (and dysgraphia).

I used the Getty-Dubay Italic series for teaching handwriting to my son from the beginning. It was pretty obvious early on that he is dysgraphic, though his "official" label is recent. Several times I looked at switching to Handwriting Without Tears but I personally did not like the appearance of the script. We continued on with G-D through 7th/8th grade. I'm looking at doing the adult version with him this year for a refresher course as his handwriting is beginning to mature, although it is still painfully slow.

I have also used Reasoning & Reading, but it was about 9/10 years ago with my middle daughter, so the details are not fresh in my mind. I do remember that I liked it at the time.