Menu

Trail Guide to World Geography question - mapping

WaterLily

I usually did it at the end of the week. My ideal was 3 days of questions, 1 of mapping and 1 for any of the other activities. I think trying to answer the questions first helps fix places in the mind before the mapping activity. An argument could be made for the opposite though.

My advice would be try it one way for a month. If it doesn't seem to be working give the opposite a try. No harm will be done in the end.

Day 1 we completed the map

Day 2 and 3 - we answered two daily questions

That's all we did. Some weeks we didn't do geography, but at the end of the year, the geography notebooks (5th and 3rd grade) had a little over 20 weeks complete. In the spring we were a part of a geography co-op. There were 3 weeks to each continent. Week 1 - foods/cooking from 1 or more countries from that continent Week 2 - arts/crafts from 1 country Week 3 - science (think biomes, inventors, etc). It was fun.

This year we won't be a part of the co-op due to other commitments. When we read another subject, we'll go look on a map any location mentioned. All in all it was a good year. My suggestion, for what it's worth, is to plug along what you can or what interests you. The girls learned a lot. Best of luck to you.