Menu

Help me put together a homeschool fitness plan

I want to put together something for our homeschool to help us get fit. I do take a 1 hour walk nightly with my oldest dd. Here is how I would like to break it down...

Somthing for myself, 16dd, 13dd

Then something for 10dd, 7dd & 4ds

We don't have money or time for tons of sports or classes so it has to be something I can arrange in or around my home. I have heard about T-Tapp but I am really confused to what that even is.

I would like something that also teaches some skills. Basically I would like something 3-5 days a week, but it doesn't have to be the same thing daily.

Any suggestions?

Well, with my 9 year old last year for fourth grade, what we did was during our regular visits to the library, she would select some sort of excercise video. Sometimes it was yoga, sometimes it was aerobics, sometimes it was dance instruction, sometimes it was an in-home walking program, etc., and she'd do those videos. Sometimes we'd do them together. Sometimes she'd do them on her own. Sometimes she'd do them with her little brother. Simple, fun and free fitness plan :)

If you already subscribe to something like Netflix, then there will be an even bigger variety of choices- they've got instruction videos in martial arts, all kinds of dance, and typical exercise/aerobics type things.

You could maybe make up obstacle courses and mazes in your backyard, do relay races, organize games of kickball and whatnot, and have fun that way.

You could check if your YMCA has a homeschool gym class (mine does) and what the cost is.

You could put on music and dance around.

Or you could just keep walking as you're already doing, that's a great way to be fit. Maybe your older kids would want to ride bikes instead as you walk.