Menu

What is the difference in the Kingfisher History Encyc. and the ...

home4school

Kingfisher Illustrated History of the World?

I have the KIHW, should I buy the KHE?

What's TWTM rec's now anyway? I remember SWB talking about maybe making a change to the rec of KHE.

Thanks,

Kim

The KIHW is much easier to outline, if you want to use a history book to practice outlining. I think the 2004 WTM rec'd. KHE because the KIHW went OOP. And then the 2009 WTM rec'd. different books because the KHE went temporarily OOP at the last minute. If you are looking for a spine for history and for outline practice, you have what you need. :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1856978621/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

That's a link to amazon's used offers. You can google the isbn or try fetchbook.info to search by isbn. I just bought mine last week and chose one listed as very good condition.

Happy Hunting,

Kim

ETA: Don't bother going to fetchbook.info. I justed checked there for you and the above link is the only one with any reasonable prices listed. All the other used book stores are asking $$$$$$.

Edited by home4school

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1856978621/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

That's a link to amazon's used offers. You can google the isbn or try fetchbook.info to search by isbn. I just bought mine last week and chose one listed as very good condition.

Happy Hunting,

Kim

ETA: Don't bother going to fetchbook.info. I justed checked there for you and the above link is the only one with any reasonable prices listed. All the other used book stores are asking $$$$$$.

I can't believe how inexpensive some of these are! I remember back in the days of the old style board when I felt very crafty for getting a copy for under $100. There were people asking for and getting over $200. :svengo:

Funny how something will be hot and then not. But the Mohenjo-Darans are just as dead and just as mysterious in either edition.

My vote is for whichever one you can easily get a hold of and that holds your kid's attention long enough to read and outline/narrate.

So true. Last week when I got mine with shipping for $8, I thought I must be ordering the wrong thing! I was thrilled when I got it and it was in awesome condition. I did chunk the dust jacket though. It was a bit worn. But, it had kept the book in superior condition. It looks brand new!