Menu

Community College Dual Enrollment

This is a nice move in the right direction for high school age students and community college dual enrollment.....We should all applaud ourselves for being ahead of the trend as homeschoolers:001_smile: Good to see part of the nation get on board the thought process.

Read it at my blog here

http://www.domesticlifestyle.com

It is a good opportunity to be sure. However, I'm not sure about being ahead of the trend. Dual enrollment (same program as described in the report) in FL has been around for a long time and homeschoolers have had the option for as long as I've been hsing (over 10 yrs). You have to be cautious though, some dual enrollment programs require giving up the hsing status and enrolling under the ps umbrella as a dual enrolled student. We have both options in FL. We retained hs status for our son when he dual enrolled. The only diff for us was that we had to pay for texts. My son dual enrolled in 10th grade and was essentially f/t college from that point on. It is a great program as long as the children are emotionally and academically ready. :)

Edited by 2cents

I have to agree on the trend thing, (I was only speaking regionally):001_smile:....I do realize other states have had these options....the Northeast has not been on board ..and we basically crossed our fingers and hoped it would work out. In NH only in the last two years are the dual enrolling highschool students at least where we live with online class. Ridiculous- my highschool offered it 20 years ago.