Menu

Spelling/Vocabulary Overkill?

WishboneDawn

I'm wondering if Jensen's Vocabulary and Megawords are redundant. I would perhaps think about if your twelve yo really needs to study spelling anymore and, if so, go with Megawords because that includes good vocabulary anyway. If your dc is a good speller, you could go with Jensen's Vocabulary and test her on the spelling of the words in each section. I don't know anything about Jensen's so I can't make anymore suggestions than that.

I didn't have my 12 yo do spelling but I did test her on the spelling of her vocabulary words and still do. I was planning with my next, who is a strong speller, to transition from a spelling to a vocabulary book when she's done the 6th grade spelling book she's working on now. I know different people have different views about the helpfulness of vocabulary books anyway, so I thought why add another workbook now and just wait until she finishes spelling. We are going to try to do more work with word roots this year, though.:001_smile: