Menu

Anyone else gearing up for morning breakfasts or lunches using the Once a Month Cooking method?

I use to do this every month but during the later school months last year stopped. I am now preparing a list so I can prepare some protein filled breakfast meals for all of us before we begin our day.

So far I'm thinking of..for breakfast...eggs are easy enough to prepare along with a slice of toast.

• Homemade Hashbrowns
  • Bacon
  • Breakfast "Hot Pockets"
  • Muffins

I'm doing our own homemade "lunchables". And I found some neat lunch-boxes at Goodwill that I've cleaned up and will surprise the kids with on the first day of school at lunch time!

I would love to apply this to breakfast. How would you do the hashbrowns?

I'm going to bake the taters. Peel them once cooled. Put into my Kitchen Aid Grater...Then I'll flash freeze on a cookie sheet. I will divide them into approx. 1 1/2 cup serving sizings. I will put them all in a freeze bag, but seperated into smaller baggies inside the larger freezer bag. I will reuse any or all baggies I am able to.

I think planning the breakfast idea into OAMC is gonna save so much morning hussle bussle!

I won't be doing dinner OAMC style this year as I'm so stretched for time as it is..but being able to do OAMC for breakfast seems so perfect :p

Also going to make batches of sweets..like oatmeal bars, trail mix and such things.

I make breakfast burritos ahead of time with sausage, potatoes, eggs and cheese. I wrap them in plastic wrap and then put them in big zip lock bags.

Do your tortillas turn out okay when you freeze them? How do you heat them, in the microwave? I made a whole bunch of breakfast burritos last year, but our tortillas went hard & crunchy when we warmed them up in the microwave. Just wondering if you have a different way of doing it that might be more successful!

Thanks!