Menu

Question about Language Arts

mariposa1127

Hi

I have a 9 year old starting fourth grade. I've been having trouble finding a Language Arts program that I like. So I have decied to try First language lessons level 3. Which Writing with Ease level should I purchase? I've heard great things about both of these.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know which will work for your child, but I have a 4th grader and 1st grader, and we're going to be new to WWE. I'm starting my 1st grader in level 1 (duh), and my 4th grader in level 2. We'll skip the copywork and a little bit of the narration since she's done some of that already. I plan to move her ahead quickly so that we're done with level 3 by the end of the year. So I guess it depends on what kind of copywork/narration/dictation experience your son has had already.

I don't know which will work for your child, but I have a 4th grader and 1st grader, and we're going to be new to WWE. I'm starting my 1st grader in level 1 (duh), and my 4th grader in level 2. We'll skip the copywork and a little bit of the narration since she's done some of that already. I plan to move her ahead quickly so that we're done with level 3 by the end of the year. So I guess it depends on what kind of copywork/narration/dictation experience your son has had already.

:iagree:

I would suggest buying the textbook "The Complete Writer" and using the diagnostic tests in there to determine where to place your dc. The textbook outlines several weeks of each year and shows you how to choose your own dictation/narration passages for the rest of the year from your own sources (ie history or science). If you can get it from your library it's even better!!