Menu

Help me pick titles to download from audible (Cross-post)....m

I just found out that I have 12 credits at audible.com. My account is going to expire in a few days. I believe I will lose my credits at that point if I dont use them up. I dont want to renew either. Anyhow, I would prefer educational stuff for my children (ages 6 & 14). I also would like to get downloads that are typically hard to find at the library because, obviously, if I can get it free from the library, I would rather do that. Any thoughts on what I might look for?

Blessings!

Not educational, but I *love* The Bartimeous Trilogy by Jonathon Stroud. The reader (Simon Jones) is fabulous! Would probably not be suitable for the 6yo, but the 14yo would love it.

Same for the Artemis Fowl books, although some people object to the genius "bad boy" image. If it's any comfort, the main character improves ethically through each book.

Again, fictional entertainment, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is excellent. Some of the subsequent books in that series are also very good.

Learning Spanish Like Crazy would be educational and is supposed to be very good. (I'm planning to get this when my next credits arrive.) At only one credit for $100 program, it's a very good deal.

You might want to click on the "history" section and then click on the top 10 downloads in that area. I always look for more than 4 stars, and read the individual reviews for a book, before making a decision. I have not downloaded any of the educational books, so this would be how I would go about making some selections in your situation.