Menu

Map for sonlight core 3

momtolgd

It's not necessary. It's just nice to be able to write on it and wipe it off since with Sonlight you are constantly doing that. I use my US side but the world side was way to cramped. I bought these:

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Continents+Map+Set+-+Laminated/007474/1279630321-411909

And mounted them on display board. They work great for us since there is enough space and we just keep adding to the locations as needed.

Good luck,

I bought two Sonlight maps so I could hang both the world and us maps. My dd LOVES using them to mark countries and see the "big picture". I use the maps from the SOTW AG to mark cities, etc. as we study them. I then show her where they are located on the big map.

We've enjoyed our Sonlight maps but I have not really researched any other maps out there. Perhaps there's something better but what we've got seems to work well for us.:)

I only use the US side of the markable map because its bigger than the one I received in that package. That way the kids or I can write easier all of the names (otherwards there really isn't alot of room). That's the main reason I bought the pack of maps - the world map just isn't big enough to write on even when I do it and write small. You are always writing over another country or water or river, etc.

That map pack would be more than enough though if you wanted to just use it. I just happened to have the markable map and decided to use it for the U.S.

Good luck,