Menu

jarred garlic

I think mine has an expiration date but I have never used that. I use it until it is completely gone, however long that takes. I have never had any go bad, even a year or more after the date on the jar. I just keep it refrigerated as directed.

I think mine has an expiration date but I have never used that. I use it until it is completely gone, however long that takes. I have never had any go bad, even a year or more after the date on the jar. I just keep it refrigerated as directed.

Thanks!

The one time I had it I used it until it was gone. We put garlic in almost everything though. I found it was cheaper (not easier) to buy fresh.

I think that if you can buy it a little at a time this is so true. I also think it tastes way better fresh like this. I use fresh first then use my jar - maybe that is why a jar lasts so long :) I keep the jar on hand for when I run out of fresh, which has been often lately as I am trying to stretch further between grocery store trips. I hope to grow my own garlic next year in a garden.