Menu

Anyone have more than one Kindle for family members?

This post may or may not be helpful.

I have the Nook and am considering a second because my oldest keeps stealing it when I want to read (at night).

B&N Tech Support told me that as long as the new Nook was registered under the same e-mail address (same account) then they would have the exact same e-library. Now I'm not sure if I want to register with a separate account and just keep the kids resources on one and my personal stuff on another so he doesn't have to wade through all my titles to get to his. So the pondering continues....

I say may or may not be helpful, because it seems as if Kindle & Nook are neck in neck in doing things similarly. At any rate, a quick call to tech support should do the trick.

This post may or may not be helpful.

I have the Nook and am considering a second because my oldest keeps stealing it when I want to read (at night).

B&N Tech Support told me that as long as the new Nook was registered under the same e-mail address (same account) then they would have the exact same e-library. Now I'm not sure if I want to register with a separate account and just keep the kids resources on one and my personal stuff on another so he doesn't have to wade through all my titles to get to his. So the pondering continues....

I say may or may not be helpful, because it seems as if Kindle & Nook are neck in neck in doing things similarly. At any rate, a quick call to tech support should do the trick.

Thanks. I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be better to get a Nook, since some books are available on one but not the other.

Yes, as long as both devices are registered to the same account, you share the same library. Most books can be downloaded to five devices at the same time, but that's up to the publisher. (I've got 6 devices registered - my kindle, my sister's kindle, and phones, iPad, and computers.)

Thanks. I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be better to get a Nook, since some books are available on one but not the other.

I'm locked into the Nook. I love it (although I'd love the Kindle if I happened to get that one first. The advantage I have with the Nook is that if I register the new one under a new account, I can still lend a book once between accounts.

If I already had a Kindle, I'd probably get another one, just so I'd be able to access all the books on both. But then again, I have a friend who has one of each and loves having both, so I guess its six to one, half dozen to the other! :D