Menu

Can I use different translations?

I have all three of the Fran Rutherford's Questions for the Thinker guides (Ancient Greece, Rome and Old World Europe). I went through each book and typed out a page for each one. I typed the book needed and the correct translator so that I could keep it with me while out shopping. I have several of the books needed but with different translators. As far as I can tell (and I am inexperienced here :001_smile:) the main problem with using a different translator would be that the questions won't match the number she indicates in the guide. But, the questions follow a chrononlogical order and are listed under Book (Canto, etc.) headings so I don't think this would be a big issue. Especially since I plan to read these ahead of time and could mark any changes I needed. Is there any other reason to use only the translations she indicates. I would rather save the money but will buy new ones if needed.

Can I use different translations?