Menu

Those who use HST

If we want to start two weeks earlier than I had originally planned, is it possible to shift our plans to the new start date? We are just using the basic (free) HST.

According to this page comparing basic and Plus: http://www.homeschooltracker.com/tracker_compare.aspx

Moving assignments backward in time is a feature found only in the Plus version.

I know this wasn't part of your original question, but I played with the basic for only a short time then purchased Plus. I found it to be well worth the $$ and I love it! :)

According to this page comparing basic and Plus: http://www.homeschooltracker.com/tracker_compare.aspx

Moving assignments backward in time is a feature found only in the Plus version.

I know this wasn't part of your original question, but I played with the basic for only a short time then purchased Plus. I found it to be well worth the $$ and I love it! :)

Thank you!

I was hoping to try the basic first, to see if I'd even use it/if it fit "ME". I don't want to look at the paid version . . . I really, really don't. Okay, I might go check it out..... :glare:

And I did something wrong with my Plus version! I went to move my assignments forward in time and lost them all. :confused:

Oh, Cindy, that sticks! I haven't had the opportunity to reschedule assignments yet, but I know from other posts that it is not neccessarily intuitive in how to do it (which is true of a lot of things in HST for me, that is why I need to read the manual every time I try somethign new! LOL!). I hope you are able to recover your assignments! DO you have them in a lesson plan or saved as a back-up (I hope!).

Oh, and thanks for teh reminder b/c I need to save a back-up of my HST+ database. :)

And I did something wrong with my Plus version! I went to move my assignments forward in time and lost them all. :confused:

Bummer! Hey, I pm'd you. :)

I made the mistake of moving each and every Lesson Plan in total to the Assignments last year. So every time someone was sick, or we planned an impromptu getaway, I had to reschedule assignments. So I got very, very good at it. At first it was scary though! This year I'm only going to move one weeks worth at a time to the Assignment grid. How do you all do it? Is there a better way? :bigear:

BTW, I played with the Basic Version for about a week, and every time I wanted to do something, I realized it was in the Plus version. Well worth the money and it has been the best thing ever for this unorganized mom!

I dont really use the agenda grid. I make a LP schedule for each kid and then upload my whole year to that plan. Then when I reschedule, it just moves everything up or down for the whole year, lining up with the schedule I made. Clear as mud?

So let's say one of your kiddos is ill. And it's on a day when he/she has Science, which occurs M, W, and F of each week. It's Wednesday and if you reschedule one day out, will it move it to Thursday or Friday?

It is so helpful, once you get the hang of it. The other part I like about doing it this way is that you can change it for just one kid, and even just one subject. I like this feature for times when DD just needs an extra day in say math. I can simply move math, but I don't have to move any other subjects in her plan. Also, I can move it up if she gets ahead.

Even though I plan out the whole year, I print on Sundays for the next week only. That way I dont have to reprint her schedule for the whole year when I alter it. Rescheduling happens frequently, especially since it is so easy to do!