Menu

Can any TOG Y1 users help please??

I was planning on being able to buy Y1 this month. However, after our move, I don't have the money for it right now and we are set to start school in two weeks. :(

I have SOTW1 to use along with TOG. Will I be ok for a while (it will probably be at least another month before I can buy it) to follow the topics in SOTW1 until I can purchase TOG? I see most of the topics are similar starting out, I just didn't know if we would be missing anything important, especially for my older two girls (7th and 5th).

Guest aquiverfull

You do know that you can purchase TOG by unit right? You do end up saving money if you can purchase the whole year up front. However, I understand where you are coming from. Money's been tight here and I plan to do just that. I'm going to purchase by unit. This also gives me the ability to make sure it's right for us, before investing a lot of money.

I don't think there is a lot of Bible in SOTW. You would get that extra biblical focus with TOG.

Guest aquiverfull
Yes, I know. And I don't even have an extra $45 to do that either.

I completely understand. I had to sell some things to get the money. I just wanted to make sure you knew. What if you use the 3 week sample, along with SOTW? Then until you are able to get the money, could you just check out library books using the book ideas from Bookshelf central and the extra resources book list on the TOG website? That will give you some book ideas for your older children. You could use what you are discussing in SOTW to give you an idea of what order to assign the books.