Menu

Lively Latin, How long does it take to get through this?

Kimber

If this is your first time doing Latin, I'd say plan it being a one year course. If you've already done Prima Latin or Minimus and are using LL more for solidification before moving on, then you could probably do it in one semester.

We're doing it over the year and I'm happy w/ the pace.

Have you done any Latin already? Have your kids?

We started LL with a child who had completed Prima Latina and about half of Latina Christiana I. He moved through the first 7 lessons at a pace of about a week to maybe a week and a half per lesson. Then we dropped it, as he had a chance to take a real class. We've just picked it back up, and I plan to complete it at a pace of a lesson over two weeks. I think.

I think a 2 weeks per lesson pace is pretty decent . I don't remember now how many lessons there are -15? 16? Anyway, that would be around 32 weeks to complete it.

If your child has experience with Latin already, though, you can certainly pick the pace up.

My 3rd grader will be starting LL probably over the summer. I plan to have him do a lesson over two weeks, even though he is already familar with quite a bit of the material.

Debra

Mom to five, ages 1-10