Menu

Rod & Staff History Review, Please

supermom

I like R&S for Math and English and am considering it for 8th grade history. We already have 8th grade ABeka history, but I'm not my girls can handle it. I think it may be too much reading and in depth. From the sample, I'm thinking the R&S may be a bit simpler?? My younger daughter just started using the 4th grade history and likes it, but I'm wondering about the higher grades. I can't find many of them used, so that could be a clue that there is a problem. Has anyone tried it and could give me a review?

Thanks.

Monica

We used one of the history books for a very brief time. I'm not sure if it was 4th or 5th grade. Since Rod & Staff is a Mennonite curriculum, it focuses quite a bit on nonresistance, and this focus deterred me from continuing with it. Have you looked at the Table of Contents for the 8th grade book? There are a lot of chapters that have sections covering nonresistance during each time period. It may not be an important factor for you, but I thought I'd share.

HTH

Edited by Laura in VA