Menu

How should I schedule Story of Science?

chai

How should I schedule Story of Science?  

1. 1. How should I schedule Story of Science?

• Start with Einstein this fall with modern history study.
    • Wait until 7th grade to start Aristotle with ancient history.
    • Don't combine them with history. Start with Aristotle this fall.
    • Other. Please explain.

Thanks to the sale posted on these boards, I now have the 3-book set of Story of Science as well as the teacher's guide and student workbook for the first two books. I'll buy the guides for the last book when I need them. I'm undecided on how to schedule these into our history cycle. It seems like it makes the most sense to combine them with our history. However, next year, we will be studying modern history. So, please help with my options.

Option 1: Wait a year (7th) to start Aristotle Leads the Way so that we read the books in order and combined with our history. I'm leaning toward doing Omnibus, so that would also be a three-year cycle. However, that would put Einstein into 9th grade and the books are aimed at 5-8. I would have to add something to it, to make a class for credit.

Option 2: Start with Einstein next year to match up with our modern history. Then follow on with Aristotle the following year with ancient history. However, it seems like the Einstein book is the hardest of the three, plus we would be starting part way through the series.

Option 3: Don't follow my history cycle at all--just start with Aristotle.

What would you do? Why did you choose that option?