Menu

I love Better World Books!

Mallory

Yes, I've purchased quite a few things for school there. Their customer service is good too. Once I had a book that didn't arrive, so they just sent me out another one. I purchased a Marketplace book one time through Better World Books and they sent me the wrong edition, so I sent it back for a refund and the seller personally sent me a letter reimbursing my postage to return it. Everything I've ordered from them has been in reasonably good condition, sometimes nearly brand new.

Thriftbooks.com is another similar service. I just discovered them recently, but so far - so good.

Another view: my friend did some publicity for them, and they did not pay her what they agreed to in their contract. In fact, they paid her nothing at all until she took down their web page. I don't do business with them for that reason.

This is unfortunate situation for your friend. Without really knowing the details, its hard to make a judgment on what really happened. I haven't really heard of that many complaints from this company, but every company does have hiccups every now an than.

Yes, I've purchased quite a few things for school there. Their customer service is good too. Once I had a book that didn't arrive, so they just sent me out another one. I purchased a Marketplace book one time through Better World Books and they sent me the wrong edition, so I sent it back for a refund and the seller personally sent me a letter reimbursing my postage to return it. Everything I've ordered from them has been in reasonably good condition, sometimes nearly brand new.

I had similar issue with receiving book, but they were very helpful and apologized, sent out a new book right away. They also list their books at half.com so I do buy through them there too, if it ends up being cheaper somehow.

I know they've got a good cause. I ordered something from them that never arrived. It was slow but I did get a refund. I ordered another time and the book was not in condition as described. So I normally avoid them on Amazon Marketplace. Just my experiences, two strikes, you're already out.