Menu

Economics: Thinkwell v Teaching Co v Economics in a Box v Notgrass--please help!

Guest jfpdvm

Guest jfpdvm

I am trying to put together a one credit economics course that would prepare for the micro and macro AP. Any suggestions from someone who has done this?

Thanks!

Good Afternoon!

My older so used Thinkwell Econ as part of Sonlight's Econ package. If we had used it over the entire year we would have been able to complete all of the Thinkwell Econ, which is very good and very thorough. Thinkwell Econ covers both Micro and Macro Econ. Sonlight has a schedule for completing both in 18 weeks, along with Bible passages to read and journal about and a few other books to read and respond to. It is an excellent course, but I think it would be more realistic to do over a full school year. It is certainly worth a full credit. My son covered all the micro portion and a bit of the macro of Thinkwell. He enjoyed it and learned a great deal about economics. The combination of the secular computer course and the Scripture made for an excellent and thought-provoking course. We were not aiming at an AP exam, but Thinkwell would surely prepare you for the theory part of it. Does the Econ AP course include essays? If so, I would recommend getting a study guide to prepare you for them, since Thinkwell does not provide prompts for essays or DBQs.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,

April

Oh! Are you part of Homeschool Buyer's Co-op? They sometimes have Thinkwell products available at a very good discount.