Menu

FLL, Level 3: Do I really need the teacher's guide?

Sarah in FL

I think some people have gone without the student book. I really don't believe you could go without the teacher's manual. There are no directions in the student book. You would have nothing but the blank lines for all of the dictation lessons. In many of the lessons you would have a list of words, but would have to guess what you are supposed to do with them. ALL of the directions, explanations, enrichment excercises, etc. are in the teacher's manual only.

You could go without the student workbook. The student workbook has no instructions, just blank spaces for the answers. The teachers manual has all of the instructions as well as the most of what you see in the student book. If you could only choose one, go with the teacher;s manual and no student book.

It is a great program and my son and I love it. Well worth the money. I plan to use it with my two younger ones.

I think you need the teacher's manual. It is a scripted program and without the TM it is pointless and IMHO, would be a waste of money. The child would miss out on so much of the program that it wouldn't make sense. I guess you could go without the workbook, but I would definitely not recommend that. It seems more necessary than convenient to me. With all the handing the book back and forth to each other and the extra writing, the lesson time would more than double.

I just received my FLL 3 --- I'm very excited. I can't wait to use it in the fall. We need to get through our FLL2 first. I couldn't do it without the TEACHER's GUIDE. Although, that is the kind of person I am, I like having a guideline. I like my hand to be held. I guess that's the product of being the youngest of three with two very, very smart siblings who do all the research for me if I ask. he he.