Menu

Is the Kindle edition of WTM updated with new recommendations?

I know this has been discussed before. Does anyone know if the new recommendations made in the 3rd edition of WTM were updated in the Kindle edition? Awhile ago someone here said they weren't.

Dh got me a Kindle for my birthday. I don't have to carry my hardback WTM all over the place anymore.:D

I just downloaded the sample, and it would appear that they have updated it now! The copyright date is listed as 2009 now instead of 2004, what it used to be. It may not be a coincidence the price has gone up $5, too. However, prices on amazon.com seem to fluctuate a lot.

I just downloaded the sample, and it would appear that they have updated it now! The copyright date is listed as 2009 now instead of 2004, what it used to be. It may not be a coincidence the price has gone up $5, too. However, prices on amazon.com seem to fluctuate a lot.

Thanks for that information! I'll get it when I'm in town. (No wireless here at home. :glare:)

OK, I just looked at mine that I bought a few months ago, and while it says 3rd edition, the copyright is 2004. So this is actually the 2nd edition that I already have??? That is annoying to say the least. I've never compared the two, but I thought I was buying the latest edition.:glare: No matter what edition it is, I love having it on my Kindle, but I don't like being misled.

Just thought I would bump this up. I contacted Amazon about having the 2nd edition with the 3rd edition cover, and they have corrected the problem. It is now the 3rd edition with the 2009 copyright that I have. I'm assuming they fixed the problem on the site, but if not, they will at least send the 3rd if you email them about the problem. It took a few days for them to fix it, but I'm happy they took care of it.

Thanks for the update, Dana! Gulp...I'm just not sure I can handle buying this book a third time. When I contacted customer service about returning the book when I bought it last week because it was the wrong version, they didn't say anything about being able to get the 3rd edition. Are you *sure* the recommendations are the new ones? One easy place to check is the history recommendations for logic stage.

It is definitely the new edition they sent me. I compared the two this afternoon, and the one on my Kindle now contains book recs that have been published after the 2nd edition, as well as updated pricing and company websites not in the previous edition. Keep in mind that this is content that they delivered directly to me. I'm assuming the website has the updated content. I made it clear when I emailed them that I believed they were engaging in faulty advertising by giving me the 2nd edition marketed as the 3rd edition. Don't know if that helped or not, but they took care of it. If it's not the correct edition, they will fix it.

Thanks for the update, Dana! Gulp...I'm just not sure I can handle buying this book a third time. When I contacted customer service about returning the book when I bought it last week because it was the wrong version, they didn't say anything about being able to get the 3rd edition. Are you *sure* the recommendations are the new ones? One easy place to check is the history recommendations for logic stage.

I emailed tech support and they said the book had been fixed on the purchase page. I checked out the site today and it is listed for $14.84, about $8 cheaper than it was a couple of weeks ago. I bought it, and it is the right edition! Yay!