Menu

Hey, I've discovered how to find extra time in my day.

Have a tiff with your best friend. Seriously I found more time but I guess I wouldn't recommend the methodology.

I'm being a bit of a baby and I can't snap out of it (which is unusual for me). I called my friend's house yesterday afternoon and her 18 yr ds answered this way . . ."We're in the middle of a deep discussion." I asked who was all there. "Everyone that's important." (ha! ha! ha! in the background.) I said good-bye.

No hello (they have call display so they knew who it was). No call until later that night.

Now my beef isn't with not being able to speak with my friend. That often happens. My beef is that these comments came from a kid and seemly were endorsed by the parents (who usually are very on top of these things). It seemed cheeky to me and besides, how did he know that I didn't have something important to say.

Anyway, I guess I'll get over it. In the mean time the day was very productive, not spending any time talking on the phone.

I'm being a bit of a baby and I can't snap out of it (which is unusual for me). I called my friend's house yesterday afternoon and her 18 yr ds answered this way . . ."We're in the middle of a deep discussion." I asked who was all there. "Everyone that's important." (ha! ha! ha! in the background.) I said good-bye.

No hello (they have call display so they knew who it was). No call until later that night.

Now my beef isn't with not being able to speak with my friend. That often happens. My beef is that these comments came from a kid and seemly were endorsed by the parents (who usually are very on top of these things). It seemed cheeky to me and besides, how did he know that I didn't have something important to say.

Anyway, I guess I'll get over it. In the mean time the day was very productive, not spending any time talking on the phone.

OK heres a comment from me that makes me sound snarky even though I don't mean it that way....

You were being nosey asking who was involved in the conversation. At that point you didn't know what the conversation was about. The response from the teenager seems like he was in the middle of a joking discussion with his parents and answered like a teen who is use to sarcastic humor. We use sarcastic humor in this house and I find my kids use it with those they are comfortable with. is it possible the kid feels comfortable with you and yet you are being sensitive? Honestly, my reply to the smarty teen if infact being his moms best friend, you are also close with the family would have been a remark back about him watching how he classifys those who are "important" cas its me who calms his mom and keeps him out of miliary school & me who will be purchasing his graduation gift!

OK heres a comment from me that makes me sound snarky even though I don't mean it that way....

You were being nosey asking who was involved in the conversation. At that point you didn't know what the conversation was about. The response from the teenager seems like he was in the middle of a joking discussion with his parents and answered like a teen who is use to sarcastic humor. We use sarcastic humor in this house and I find my kids use it with those they are comfortable with. is it possible the kid feels comfortable with you and yet you are being sensitive? Honestly, my reply to the smarty teen if infact being his moms best friend, you are also close with the family would have been a remark back about him watching how he classifys those who are "important" cas its me who calms his mom and keeps him out of miliary school & me who will be purchasing his graduation gift!

Although I had just left the home, where a group of us had been visiting, so I was really asking who was left, which would pretty much determine the conversation. In any case, I recognize he was being a snarky teenager. I just felt it was a bit too familiar -- and disrespectful.

I'm not too sure why this incident ticked me off so much but it did. I'll get over it.