Menu

If you used Galloping the Globe....

what history have you found that is similar? I just got Galloping the Globe in the mail and it is exactly what I've been looking for in a history curriculum - Inexpensive, provides guidance of where to go and yet freedom of how to get there, book suggestions, craft ideas, and Christian! I want ALL of those things but having trouble finding something that fits the bill. I like the idea of Unit Studies, but I don't want to camp out on anything for too long. I have ruled out: My Father's World, Heart of Dakota, and Sonlight, for sure. Anything else is still up in the air. I LOVE Tapestry of Grace, but I'm really hoping to find something as perfect for a little cheaper . . . I think I'm liking Truthquest, but it seems very broad - not fitting into a neat 4 or 5 yr. cycle.

I know I'm not asking for much. ;) Just thought I'd throw it out there.

ETA: I'm looking for something to fit the 1st-4th grade crowd.

Edited by Guest

Well, you listed it already. We started out with Galloping the globe. After that we took a detour with Portraits of American Girlhood. My DD really wanted to do Portraits before we jump in with two feet into TOG.

So I guess I am not much of a help as I would suggest TOG:lol:.

Well, you listed it already. We started out with Galloping the globe. After that we took a detour with Portraits of American Girlhood. My DD really wanted to do Portraits before we jump in with two feet into TOG.

So I guess I am not much of a help as I would suggest TOG:lol:.

:D

I have loved TOG since day #1 of curricula research. I tell my husband the only reason I look at anything else (history related) is because I cringe whenever I see the price of the year plan.

How a/b Diana Waring's products...the older sets have activity books for the younger kids, but the "guide" is very similiar to GTG.

Mystery of History, short story, and then you can choose a hands-on (or not), plus the activity pages.

SOTW, same as above.

Beautiful Feet Early American History Guide used in conjunction with Guest Hollow (free on web).

Little House on Prairie series using the free lapbooks on homeschool share has made it very enjoyable to study.

Edited by lisafriess