Menu

If you've used SWI-C Continuation Course - can you compress it into 1-2weeks or so?

It is about 30 lessons on the schedule that is provided on the website (I think that is where the sked is?).

We are on about Lesson 10. Daughter is taking first AP Lit class next year and there will be *tons* of writing and literature evaluation. My daughter shows a lot of good "thinking skills" for writing but we have neglected to be diligent in IEW this year. Tho she did write 4-5 literary essays as well as character, plot, literature analyzation charts, etc. this year.

The truth is, I think she needs more writing practice and prep. If you are familiar with IEW-C (Continuation), do you think we could jam this in like a "4 day" seminar? I don't remember if the class is done that way on the videos - I think Pudewa is meeting with students weekly over a longer period.

I would like to do it now in a plow-thru-it way. I know finishing it now and then not writing throughout the next months is not optimum. It is the only subject we are not *done* with so this would be her only subject.

The weak link could be me. I love summer and need a break. We could do it now; do it slowly over the summer tho I doubt I'd be diligent; or start in August and do it over 4-5 weeks. Personally, I'd like to just get it done!!!

I guess if we could do it as a "seminar" kind of thing, it might be best & if not is it worthwhile to do it at all - and then *not* write for 2 months?

(Don't be too hard on me, I am finishing a very rough year and I have 5 children that I homeschool - I really need a break!)

Lisaj, mom to 3 teens and 2 sanity savers